How does online relationship counseling work?
As long as you have a quality internet connection and a computer (ideally not a smartphone) with a camera, we can meet. Please try to have a quiet and private space to get the most out of the sessions. Also, it helps to have other applications closed.
Below is a basic summary of how I work with couples:
- First session (2-hours)
- Background information: age, work, kids, and a little about your family
- What do you want to work on?
- What are your goals?
- What are your struggles?
- Identify what gets in the way of your goals and where problematic stances come from
- Provide you with tools and a road map out of negative cycles and into positive ones
- Subsequent sessions (1.5 hours or 1 hour)
- Follow up work and homework
- What is going well?
- What is not going well?
- Continue to address the negative cycle
- How can you help your partner deliver?
- How can your partner help you feel supported, safe, vibrant and loved?
Set up an online counseling session below. Or, call 720-272-9573 for a free 15-minute phone consultation.
To learn more about Jason Polk and his story click here.
Published in the PACT Institute:
- In this PACT blog post, I write on how to repair with vulnerability.
- In this PACT blog post, I write on the importance of partner primacy in blended families.
“We accomplished more in two hours with you than we did in two months with talk space.”
“If you are looking for a marriage therapist, or just wanting a tune-up, I highly recommend Jason. We have seen other therapists before and none of them are as skilled as he is. His exercises he had us do, and his ability to get to the heart of issues is amazing. We didn’t get lost in the weeds. I wish we would have found him years ago! We are so grateful to have found him now and for the future.”
“Jason – you were incredible! Thanks for an extremely productive visit.”
“The approach was great.”
“Jason is highly trained in cutting-edge methods to guide couples who are struggling to keep their relationship together. Both of us were equally comfortable with his ability to listen to each of us with sensitivity. We were fortunate to find him at just the right time.”
“Jason I really like you and your approach and I will be happy to refer you in the future. Thank you for your help.”
“Thank you so much for all of your help, humor, and advice and we will definitely be in touch if we start reverting to our old habits or just feel the need for a tune up.”
“We really enjoyed meeting with you, and found it very helpful!”
“Good meeting tonight. Things are good, we’re moving in a really good direction. We both want to give you a huge thank you.”
“We have felt so much closer since working with you.”