- Do you need a drug and alcohol assessment for an in-state or out-of-state court case or probation?
- Do you need a drug and alcohol assessment for the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV)?
- Do you need a drug and alcohol assessment for an employer or employee?
- Or do you need a drug and alcohol assessment for a PRE or CFI? If you need an assessment for a PRE or CFI see below.
As a Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC) licensed by the Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA), I offer authorized drug and alcohol assessments/evaluations for courts, DMVs, and businesses. These evaluations usually take an hour of in-office face-to-face time. Unfortunately, I am unable to conduct assessments over the phone or via Skype.
I strive to provide a friendly and safe environment for the assessment as you may be uncertain of what to expect. With my previous experience as a drug and alcohol counselor and case manager working closely with Judicial and Municipal systems, I am often able to provide explanations and answers to your questions.
During the first part of the assessment, we address any questions you may have — if not previously addressed on the phone or via email. Next, I conduct an informal interview to inquire into the circumstances that necessitate the assessment; as well as discuss your current and previous use, and pro-social reinforcements.
Then, the more formal part of the assessment hour is conducted with one of Ken Wanberg’s, Ph.D. assessment tools:
- Alcohol Use Inventory (AUI)
- This assessment is an extensive exploration of only alcohol use — it’s benefits and consequences.
- Drug Use Self-Report (DUSR)
- Designed for clients who need an assessment and do not have Judicial involvement.
- Adult Substance Use Survey-Revised (ASUSR).
- Designed for clients who need an assessment for the Judicial system.
The assessment write-up summary with recommendations and a Certificate of Completion usually takes 5-7 business days. If an expedited (1-4 days) assessment write-up is needed, there is a $50 added charge. Also, expedited assessments can only be offered based on schedule availability. If expedited service is needed, please contact me for availability.
I will send you the assessment so you can look it over before I send it to your legal representation, the Judicial or Municipal Department, your place of business, or DMV. This is to correct any errors or misunderstandings during our hour, and also so you are aware of what is being sent. I can change errors and misunderstandings, but I can not change treatment recommendations if any.
Part of the assessment includes a 7-panel Quantisal oral fluid drug screen. The test takes minutes and a fluid sample is sent to the Cordant lab. The results usually come back within 4-5 business days.
What to Bring to the Assessment
- Picture ID
- Names and contact information for entities such as legal representation, Judicial Department(s), or place of business that need the assessment. These are needed to properly fill out the Release of Information form and to properly facilitate transmission of the assessment.
- Any past alcohol or drug treatment certificates.
- Contact information for collateral contacts if requested.
Pricing (non-family court assessments)
- The evaluation with assessment write-up costs $240. Payment is due at the appointment. If the assessment is not completed or accepted by the court or business, a refund will be given (this has yet to occur).
- Expedited assessment (1-4 days, if available) is $290.
Contact me to set up an assessment. Also, please contact me with any questions and we can discuss if the assessment I offer will work for you and your situation #720-272-9573 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assessments for PRE or CFIs (family court).
Since these assessments are much different from a criminal court or DMV case, more time is required. These sessions take an hour and a half to two hours. Also, you will need to provide information for collateral contacts and potentially the other party. Pricing is also more for these assessments. Please contact me for more information and we can discuss your case.
- “I wanted to thank you for your part in this process. I understand you have no actual ‘vested interest’ but never the less I felt a thanks was in order. You were very professional, welcoming, and you expedited the entire process. After our initial phone call, you were able to set up our appointment quite quickly, a pleasant face to face assessment followed that, and even that was followed up by you managing to get the actual written assessment into my hand in very quick fashion. That is how it should be done. Anyways, good stuff, I just wanted to reach out because this was huge for me.” — P.L., Golden
- “…the Judge accepted your evaluation and it satisfies the requirement for an alcohol screen in my sentence. I obviously made the right choice when I called you and I want to express my gratitude for a job well done! If I encounter anyone in need of services that you provide I won’t hesitate to refer them to Paramita Counseling LLC [former business name].” — S.F., Denver
- “My experience with Paramita [former business name] couldn’t have gone better. I picked Jason at random from a Google search and my experience was seamless. Not only that but he made me feel safe and comfortable from start to finish. He is incredibly easy to talk to and down to earth. I will be going back to him in the future if need-be.” — J.M., Denver
Relevant information on drugs of abuse, recovery, and support for individuals and family can be found DrugRehab.
Relevant information on teens and alcohol and drug abuse can be found here: TeenRehabCenter.