9:30 am – 12:30 pm:
• Ground rules and participate wishes
• Background: what drew you two together in the first place, how long you’ve been together, and brief overview of n
• Goals: “If you two were to leave today and think, ‘That was a great day’ what would we have accomplished?
• What areas of intimacy really resonate for you and what would you especially like more of?
• Emotional connection. Sharing vulnerability aka “What’s really real.”
• Physical connection. Sharing touch, handholding, hugging and cuddling.
• Sexual connection. Giving and receiving erotic pleasure and touch
• Spiritual connection. Existential sharing as well as religion and higher power
• Intellectual connection. Sharing thoughts, questions, insights and politics (in a friendly way)
• Identify negative cycles and patterns and what you can do to get out of them.
• Where do certain stances and losing strategies come from?
• Working with the parts of you that at times, does not want to be relational or use tools.
1:45 pm – 4 pm:
• Building positive cycles. What makes your partner feel loved or at ease?
• What are some of your partner’s vulnerabilities?
• Practicing relationship tools such as Time Outs, vulnerability, Feedback Wheel.
Envisioning the future.
• Where do you two want to be in the future?
• What do you want your kids saying about your relationship when they are older!