- Are you and your partner at a crossroads and experiencing significant problems?
- Do you need help now and don’t have time for multiple couple therapy sessions?
If so, Colorado Relationship Recovery offers a couples intensive.
A couples intensive is for couples in pain and their relationship needs to be fixed now. The purpose of an intensive is to get back on track relationally and to arm you with relational tools. They are designed to help you understand what’s wrong, how to fix it, and to highlight and expand what you’re doing right.
During our intensive, I will help you understand the crux of your issues and help you speak to the parts of each other that are vulnerable.
Conflict is inevitable in relationships and it’s important to be able to have conflict and be OK. It’s important to be able to fight fair and know how to repair effectively when you go off track.
Communication is difficult on a good day – as it’s influenced by attachment, arousal, body language, mood, memory, and perception. What could possibly go wrong?
During our time we will also do a personal attachment inventory (PAI) to help you understand where certain behaviors and tendencies may have come from. Understanding attachment science helps you have more empathy for your partner. It also helps you take certain behaviors less personally, and more importantly, know the antidote to certain fears.
Here is the schedule of the intensive couple therapy session:
- 9:30 am – 12:30 pm Couple Session
- Background: age, work, kids, etc.
- Overall relationship w/parents.
- Relationship history (current relationship).
- What are your struggles as a couple?
- What are your goals for our time together?
- Understanding fears and wishes.
- Being able to speak to vulnerable parts.
- Understanding the importance of empathy, vulnerability, and accountability.
- Background: age, work, kids, etc.
- 12:30 pm – 1:45 pm Lunch Break
- 1:45 pm – 2:30 pm Individual Session break for other partner.
- 2:30 pm – 3:15 pm Individual Session break for partner who just had individual session.
- 3:15 pm – 3:30 pm Break
- 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm Couple Session
- Understanding what each partner can do to take care of their side of the relationship house.
- Understanding how to apply to the antidote (helping your partner succeed) to each other’s raw spots.
- Understanding which domain of intimacy is most important for each other.
- Applying tools and highlighting agreements.
- Futurizing the relationship.
- Where do you see your relationship in 5-yrs?
- What do you want people to say about your relationship when your older?
Total couple intensive investment: $997
- To set up an initial phone consultation or schedule an intensive click below:
- Highlight from the blog:
- More about Jason Polk, LCSW, LAC
“My husband and I recently attended Jason’s Relationship Recovery Day. It was a great experience! He really helped us make a deep reconnection that we felt was lacking. He is friendly, empathetic, knowledgeable, and was a joy to work with. Jason also has a good sense of humor which made the day even better. He’s a great listener and had us do some really cool exercises that strengthened our relationship. We will definitely continue to see Jason from now on. He’s great at what he does!
If you are looking for a marriage therapist, or just wanting a tune-up, I highly recommend Jason. We have seen other therapists before and none of them are as skilled as he is. His exercises he had us do, and his ability to get to the heart of issues is amazing. We didn’t get lost in the weeds. I wish we would have found him years ago! We are so grateful to have found him now and for the future.
Thanks Jason! We are looking forward to more great experiences you have brought our relationship.”